Saturday, July 9, 2016

Willkommen in Deutschland!

This week my children and I learned a lot about our German heritage. Ethan is really interested in World War II, so he decided to focus his project this week on that rather than just the country of Germany.

We enjoyed many delicious German foods this week, including streusel, bratwurst, strudel, sausage and potatoes, German beer, Riesling, and Muenster cheese.



We have a great little German town in Texas called Muenster in which we were really able to indulge our German sides. Muenster has both Germanfest and Oktoberfest celebrations every year. We decided to visit Fischer's Market to buy some delicious German delicacies, and we also found out that Fischer's claims to have the only known Glockenspiel in the state of Texas. The kids enjoyed listening to the music and watching the characters come out of the clock!



Muenster even has a little area of concrete buildings that are painted to look like a quaint little German town with German stores. My kids liked to pretend they were visiting the stores.




Next up is Italy, which I am really excited about since they have my favorite food on the planet! I also visited Italy when I was in college and long for the day I can go back!

Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments:

Post a Comment