Sunday, July 17, 2016

Ciao Italia!

This week we learned all about Italy, which just happens to have my absolute favorite food in the world! I had the good fortune of being able to study abroad after my sophomore year of college, and I was able to travel all around Italy, including Venice, Florence, various cities in Tuscany, and Rome. Here is a picture of me at the Collosseum.


Some of the delicious food we enjoyed this week included gelato, pizzelles, lots of pasta, pizza, and Italian wedding soup. I also enjoyed enough wine for all of us!


There is actually a Rhome, Texas, but if any of you have ever been to Rhome, Texas, you know that there is really not much to do there. We also had math camp every morning this week, so there wasn't much time for extra Italy-related activities. The boys did take virtual field trips to both Rome and Venice, Italy, though. Alex decided to type a summary of what he learned this week about Rome, and Ethan did a PowerPoint presentation about the entire country of Italy.

In addition to the mini passports I purchased each of my children, I also was able to get some mini flags (as shown in the book picture) and some little buttons, which I put on our drawstring bags that we decorated for our summer adventures. I hope to reuse some of these items when we discuss different cultures in my third grade class this year.


We are starting to run out of summertime here lately, so next week we will be covering two countries at the same time, China and Japan. We will also have another little mini field trip in Texas, but you will have to tune in next week to find out where! Arrivederci!

1 comment:

  1. So cool what you are doing! I hope your love of teaching spreads through many families through these blogs.

    ReplyDelete